How do I file an extension for Form 990-EZ?
4.6k views |
Last modified 9/17/2020 12:51:37 PM EST
If your organization couldn't file IRS Form 990-EZ return by the due date (15th day of the 5th month) for the following tax year, then your organization is required to file Form 8868 to request an automatic extension of time to file the information return.
Using Form 8868 gives you an automatic 6-month extension of time to make a filing. The extension only provided you the time to file the information return and not to pay any taxes that are due.
Here is how you can file your extension Form 8868 using ExpressTaxExempt:
- Log into your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- On the dashboard, click on the "Start Return" button.
- Select the "Form 8868" option on the list of forms.
- Enter your organization details and click "Next".
- In the "Organization Tax Year" page, you will be able to select the year for which you want to file an extension.