How do I file an extension for Form 990-T?
413 views |
Last modified 3/29/2022 6:07:48 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
If your organization couldn't file Form 990-T by the due date, you can request an automatic extension by filing Form 8868 with the IRS.
Form 8868 gives you an automatic 6-month extension of time to file. Unfortunately, this form only extends your filing due date. You will still need to make your tax payment on time.
Here's how to file extension Form 8868 with ExpressTaxExempt:
- Log into your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- On the dashboard, click on the "Start New Return" button.
- Choose "Form 8868" from the list of forms displayed.
- Enter your organization details and click "Next.”
- On the "Organization Tax Year" page, select the form and year you want to file an extension for.
- Provide the required information, Review, Pay and Transmit the return to the IRS.