What type of miscellaneous expenses must be included in Form 990-EZ?
2.0k views |
Last modified 9/24/2020 2:00:29 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
The expenses made by an organization such as penalties, fines, and judgments; unrelated business income taxes; insurance interest; depreciation, and real estate taxes not reported as occupancy expenses; travel and transportation costs; and expenses for conferences, conventions, and meetings must be reported as Other Expenses in your Form 990-EZ.
Here's how to report an organization's other expenses using ExpressTaxExempt:
- Log into your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- On the dashboard, click on the "Start Return" button.
- Select the "Form 990-EZ" option on the list of Federal returns.
- Enter your organization details and click "Next"
- In the "Organization Tax Year" page, select the year for which you want to file the information return. Once done, the subsequent steps will be to fill the actual parts of the form.
- Under the Expenses section, select "Start" for Other Expenses
- You can either choose to add the expenses one at a time or select the Bulk Upload option to upload the expenses details
- Click Next.
- Now, follow the subsequent steps as prompted.
- Review the details, Pay, and click the Transmit button to transmit your return to the IRS.