How do I know my organization's Tax Period?
3.8k views |
Last modified 6/4/2020 10:57:30 AM EST
Refer to the following documents to confirm your organization's tax period:
- On the determination letter you received that confirm the organization's tax-exempt status.
- Your application for federal tax-exempt status (Forms 1023, 1023-EZ, 1024, or 1024 A).
- Form SS-4, the application your organization filed to obtain the employer identification number (EIN).
- If you have filed earlier, copy of prior year return (Form 990 or 990-EZ) filed with the IRS.
- Your organization’s by-laws.
If the tax period stated on your return differs from what is recorded on the above-mentioned documents, the IRS will reject the return. You can correct the tax period and re-transmit the return with the IRS at no additional charge.