How do I know my organization's Tax Period?
4.2k views | Last modified 6/4/2020 10:57:30 AM EST

Applicable To
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL

Refer to the following documents to confirm your organization's tax period: 

  • On the determination letter you received that confirm the organization's tax-exempt status.
  • Your application for federal tax-exempt status (Forms 1023, 1023-EZ, 1024, or 1024 A).
  • Form SS-4, the application your organization filed to obtain the employer identification number (EIN).
  • If you have filed earlier, copy of prior year return (Form 990 or 990-EZ) filed with the IRS.
  • Your organization’s by-laws.

If the tax period stated on your return differs from what is recorded on the above-mentioned documents, the IRS will reject the return. You can correct the tax period and re-transmit the return with the IRS at no additional charge.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE ExpressTaxExempt Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 839-2321