[E-file Error Code F990-153-02] How do I resolve it?
18 views |
Last modified 4/29/2021 6:02:47 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
IRS Error Code F990-153-02
What does it mean:
The foundation must not have provided the compensation details while filling out the Form 990 return. In this case, the IRS would have rejected the return.
The foundation must provide information on the compensation paid to the employees.
Here's how to report Compensation paid to employees
- Log in to your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- Identify the rejected return either from the Dashboard or Forms History.
- To identify it from the Dashboard, keep a note of the Return ID of the rejected return that you find in the rejection email.
- To identify it from the Forms History page, click the Tax Returns on the menu, and you'll land in the Forms History page, where you'll find the rejected return listed.
- In both options, you need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button against the error code F990-153-02.
- Based on the filing type you have chosen, you will be navigated to the corresponding page.
- Interview-based filing - You'll be directed to the Compensation of Officers, Directors, Trustees, Key Employees, Highest Compensated Employees page under the List of Employees section. Here you must report the compensation details of at least one employee who worked in the organization.
- Form-based filing - You'll be directed to Part VII (Section A), Line 1a of Form 990. Here, you are required to provide the compensation information of at least one employee who worked in the organization
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.
For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.