[E-file Error Code R0000-940-06] How do I resolve it?
104 views |
Last modified 4/15/2021 5:30:19 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
IRS Error Code R0000-940-06
What does it mean:
The tax period you have chosen in the return doesn't match with the IRS records. The tax period start date must be 1-3 days after the month begins, and the tax period end date must be 1-6 days before the month ends.
In this case, you might have selected a start date or end date that is not within the accepted range.
Check the start date and end date of the tax period. If the start date is not within 1-3 days after the month's beginning, or 1-6 days before the month ends, correct it and re-transmit your return. Refer to this list of documents to confirm your organization's tax period.
Here's how to tax period on your return
- Log in to your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- Identify the rejected return either from the Dashboard or Forms History.
- To identify it from the Dashboard, keep a note of the Return ID of the rejected return that you find in the rejection email.
- To identify it from the Forms History page, click the Tax Returns on the menu, and you'll land in the Forms History page, where you'll find the rejected return listed.
- In both options, you need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button against the error code R0000-940-06.
- You'll be directed to the Tax Year page. Here you can enter the correct tax period date.
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.
For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.