[E-file Error Code R0000-906-02] How do I resolve it?
36 views |
Last modified 4/15/2021 2:01:41 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
IRS Error Code R0000-906-02
The Routing Transit Number (RTN) in the extension filed is invalid. Check with your bank.
What does it mean:
The routing transit number of the bank that you have entered in the extension filed is invalid. Check with your bank for the correct routing transit number.
You need to correct the bank routing number and re-transmit your extension. The bank routing number must be 9 digits, and the first two digits will be between 01 to 12 or 21 to 32.
Here's how you correct the bank routing number:
- Log in to your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- Identify the rejected return either from the Dashboard or Forms History.
- To identify it from the Dashboard, keep a note of the Return ID of the rejected return that you find in the rejection email.
- To identify it from the Forms History page, click the Tax Returns on the menu, and you'll land in the Forms History page, where you'll find the rejected return listed.
- In both options, you need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button against the error code R0000-906-02.
- You'll be directed to the IRS Payment page. Here, you can correct the bank routing number.
Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.