[E-file Error Code R0000-931-02] How do I resolve it?
418 views |
Last modified 3/29/2022 2:39:36 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
IRS Error Code R0000-931-02
The IRS has rejected your return since the tax period end date in the return filed doesn't match with the IRS e-file database.
What does it mean:
The tax period end date in the return is incorrect. For instance, if your organization follows a calendar tax year, the tax period end date in the return should be December 31. On the other hand, if your organization follows a fiscal tax, let's say from May through April, in which case, the tax period end date would be April 31. If your organization attempts to file the return before the tax period's ending date, the IRS will reject it.
You need to check the tax period's start date and end date. Refer to this list of documents to confirm your organization's tax period.
Here's how you correct the tax period end date on your return
- Log in to your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- Identify the rejected return either from the Dashboard or Forms History.
- To identify it from the Dashboard, keep a note of the rejected return's Return ID that you find in the rejection email.
- To identify it from the Forms History page, click the Tax Returns on the menu, and you'll land on the Forms History page, where you'll find the rejected return listed.
- In both options, you need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button against the error code R0000-931-02.
- You'll be directed to the Tax Year page. Here you can correct the Tax Year End Date.
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the return status once we hear back from the IRS.
For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.