[E-file Error Code F990-184] How do I resolve it?
410 views |
Last modified 4/12/2021 9:51:28 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
IRS Error Code F990-184
What does it mean:
The organization that filed Form 990-EZ, which had a value in Part I Line 1 and Part I Line 10 of Schedule A checked, must not have reported contributions received for the tax year. In this case, the IRS would have rejected the return.
If Form 990-EZ filed by your organization has a value in Part I Line 1 and has Part I Line 10 of Schedule A checked, it must provide information on the contributions received for the tax year.
Here's how to report Gifts, grants, contributions, and membership fees received
- Log in to your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- Identify the rejected return either from the Dashboard or Forms History.
- To identify it from the Dashboard, keep a note of the Return ID of the rejected return that you find in the rejection email.
- To identify it from the Forms History page, click the Tax Returns on the menu, and you'll land in the Forms History page, where you'll find the rejected return listed.
- In both options, you need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button against the error code F990-184.
- Based on the filing type you have chosen, you will be navigated to the corresponding page.
- Interview-based filing - You'll be directed to Contributions, Gifts, Grants, and similar amounts received by your organization page. Select Yes for the question, "Did you receive any contribution from fundraising events?" and report the contributions for the tax year.
- Form-based filing - You'll be directed to Part III, Section A, Line 1 of Schedule A. In this line, enter the contributions received in column (e) for the tax year 2020.
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.
For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.