[E-file Error Code F990PF-029-01] How do I resolve it?
177 views |
Last modified 4/13/2021 3:33:20 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
IRS Error Code F990PF-029-01
What does it mean:
The foundation that claims the status as a private operating foundation within the meaning of section 4942(j)(3) or 4942(j)(5) must not have provided information on the direct charitable activities it engaged for the tax year. In this case, the IRS would have rejected the return.
Your foundation must provide information on the direct charitable activities it engaged in for the tax year.
Here's how to report direct charitable activities
- Log in to your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- Identify the rejected return either from the Dashboard or Forms History.
- To identify it from the Dashboard, keep a note of the Return ID of the rejected return that you find in the rejection email.
- To identify it from the Forms History page, click the Tax Returns on the menu, and you'll land in the Forms History page, where you'll find the rejected return listed.
- In both options, you need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button against the error code F990PF-029-01.
- Based on the filing type you have chosen, you will be navigated to the corresponding page.
- Interview-based filing - You'll be directed to the Summary of Direct Charitable Activities page. On this page, select Yes for the question, "Has the foundation engaged in direct charitable activities in the current tax year?" and provide information on those direct charitable activities.
- Form-based filing - You'll be directed to Part IX-A of Form 990-PF. Here, you must provide information on the direct charitable activities the foundation engaged in for the current tax year.
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.
For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.