[E-file Error Code F990PF-054-01] How do I resolve it?
196 views |
Last modified 4/13/2021 3:39:19 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
IRS Error Code F990PF-054-01
What does it mean:
The organization must have stated that it is the final return that it files with the IRS and has not provided a statement regarding it. In this case, the IRS would have rejected the return
Your organization must provide a Statement or Upload a Document regarding liquidation, termination, dissolution, or substantial contraction during the year.
Here's how to resolve the error
- Log in to your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- Identify the rejected return either from the Dashboard or Forms History.
- To identify it from the Dashboard, keep a note of the Return ID of the rejected return that you find in the rejection email.
- To identify it from the Forms History page, click the Tax Returns on the menu, and you'll land in the Forms History page, where you'll find the rejected return listed.
- In both options, you need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button against the error code F990PF-054-01.
- Based on the filing type you have chosen, you will be navigated to the corresponding page.
- Interview-based filing - You'll be directed to the Statement Regarding Activities page. Under "Liquidation, Termination, or Dissolution," select Yes for the question, "Was there a liquidation, termination, dissolution, or substantial contraction during the year?" and provide a detailed statement for it.
- Form-based filing - You'll be directed to Part VII-A, Line 5 of Form 990-PF. Here, you are required to provide a Statement or Upload a Document regarding liquidation, termination, dissolution, or substantial contraction during the year.
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.
For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.