Should I report the noncash contributions sold by my organization's hired third parties in Schedule M?
1.9k views | Last modified 9/24/2020 3:03:47 AM EST | Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team

Applicable To
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL

If your organization hired or used a third party or any related organizations to solicit, process, or sell any noncash contributions received, then it is necessary to report them in Schedule M by answering "Yes" to line 32a, Part I, Types of Property and must describe these arrangements in Part II, Supplemental Information.
However, if the third party mentioned is a broker who sells publicly traded securities which are gifts received by the organization, then there's no need to mention them and you can simply answer as "No" in line 32a, Part I of Schedule M.

Was this helpful? Yes No


Sign Up for a
FREE ExpressTaxExempt Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 839-2321