How does the amendment process for 990-EZ works in an interview-based filing?
2.4k views |
Last modified 2/10/2021 12:55:18 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
In ExpressTaxExempt, you can amend your 990-EZ return through simple and easy steps.
Here are the steps to amend a return through interview-based filing:
- Log in to your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- On the Dashboard, click AMEND THIS RETURN button against the return you want to amend.
- Provide a reason as to why you want to amend this return. Let's presume that you want to make corrections in the Contributions section.
- After entering the reason, click on the Continue button.
- You'll find the form sections listed. In this case, since you want to update the contributions, click on the Edit button against the Contributions section.
- Update the information.
- Review the details, pay, and click the Transmit button to transmit your return to the IRS.
Please note that an amended return is also subjected to public inspection. To know more about it, click here.