How do I amend a previously filed Form 990 return?
2.3k views |
Last modified 9/21/2020 12:32:24 PM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
The purpose of an amended return is to report a change or add a piece of new information about the organization that wasn't included in the previously filed information return. To amend your organization's previously filed 990 return, you must file a new return with the updated information and must include all the required schedules as instructed.
Here's how to amend your Form 990 with ExpressTaxExempt:
- Log in to your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- On the Dashboard, click the AMEND THIS RETURN button.
- Provide a reason for the need to amend the previously filed original information return.
- Click the Continue button to make the required changes.
- Now, follow the succeeding steps as prompted.
- Review the details, Pay, and click the Transmit button to transmit your return to the IRS.
NOTE - The amended return filed by your organization must be made available for inspection for 3 years from the date of filing or 3 years from the date the original return was due, whichever is later.