How do I amend a previously filed Form 990 return?
3.6k views | Last modified 6/24/2022 3:33:18 AM EST | Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team

Applicable To
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL

The purpose of an amended return is to report a change or add a piece of new information about the organization that wasn't included in the previously filed information return. To amend your organization's previously filed 990 return, you must file a new return with the updated information and include all the required schedules as instructed.

Also, the organization must attach Schedule OSupplemental Information to list out which part and schedules of Form 990 was amended and must describe those amendments.

Here's how to amend your Form 990 with ExpressTaxExempt:

  1. Log in to your ExpressTaxExempt account.
  2. On the Dashboard, click the AMEND THIS RETURN button.
  3. Provide a reason for the need to amend the previously filed original information return.
  4. Click the Continue button to make the required changes.
  5. Now, follow the succeeding steps as prompted.
  6. Review the details, Pay, and click the Transmit button to transmit your return to the IRS.

NOTE - The amended return filed by your organization must be made available for inspection for 3 years from the date of filing or 3 years from the date the original return was due, whichever is later.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE ExpressTaxExempt Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 839-2321 [email protected]