What type of investment income must be reported in Form 990?
2.4k views | Last modified 9/24/2020 2:47:18 AM EST | Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team

Applicable To
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL

Income that is earned in the form of interest payments, dividends, capital gains through the sales of securities or assets, and such are generally known as Investment income.

However, while filing your Form 990 with the IRS, the investment income such as dividends, interest, tax-exempt bond proceeds, royalties, and other similar amounts must be reported.

Here's how to report the Investment Income while filing Form 990 in ExpressTaxExempt:

  1. Log into your ExpressTaxExempt account.
  2. On the dashboard, click on the "Start New Return" button.
  3. Select the "Tax Year" and "Form 990" option on the list of Federal Return.
  4. Enter your organization details and click "Next."
  5. In the "Organization Tax Year" page, select the tax year calendar or fiscal, for which you want to file the information return. Once done, the subsequent steps will be to fill the actual parts of the form.
  6. Under the Revenue section, click "Start" for Investment Income & Royalties. From the list of investment income, report the one based on the income acquired by your organization.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Now, follow the subsequent steps as prompted.
  9. Review the details, Pay, and click the Transmit button to transmit your return to the IRS.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE ExpressTaxExempt Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 839-2321 support@ExpressTaxExempt.com