What needs to be done if your organization maintained some donor-advised funds during the tax year?
2.0k views | Last modified 9/30/2020 4:10:02 AM EST | Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team

Applicable To
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL

If your organization maintained some donor-advised funds for the year, then your organization is considered as a sponsoring organization, under Section 501(c)(3). In general, the role of a sponsoring organization is to maintain and operate these donor-advised funds for the sole purpose of supporting charitable organizations.
In that case, your organization must complete and file Form 990 instead of Form 990-EZ, regardless of the annual gross receipts or net assets received during the tax year.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE ExpressTaxExempt Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 839-2321 [email protected]