[E-file Error Code F8868-908] How do I resolve it?
2.8k views |
Last modified 6/5/2020 2:11:57 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
IRS Error Code [F8868-908]:
The tax period end date of this return doesn't match with the IRS e-file database.
What does it mean:
The tax period end date in the return is incorrect. For instance, if your organization follows a calendar tax year, the tax period end date in the return should be December 31. On the other hand, if your organization follows a fiscal tax, let's say from April through March, in which case, the tax period end date would be March 31. If the return has an end date other than March 31, then the IRS will reject it.
You need the correct the tax period, and re-transmit the return. Refer to this list of documents to confirm your organization's tax period.
Here's how you correct the tax period on your return:
- Log in to your account.
- Identify the rejected return either from the Dashboard or Form History.
- To identify it from the Dashboard, keep a note of the Return ID of the rejected return that you find in the rejection email.
- To identify it from the Form History page, click the Tax Returns on the menu and you'll land in the Form History page where you'll find the rejected return listed.
- In both options, you need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button against the error code F8868-908.
- You'll land on the Tax Year page. Here you can correct the tax period end date.
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.
For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.