Can a small organization file a previous year's Form 990-N return?
4.4k views | Last modified 3/29/2022 2:01:19 AM EST | Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team

Applicable To
990-PF 990-N 990-EZ 990 8868 1120-POL

Filing the e-Postcard (Form 990-N) is an annual requirement, and filing for a previous year cannot be done through the IRS filing system, but ExpressTaxExempt allows you to file your Form 990-N for a prior year. However, you can only file your e-Postcard for two previous years from your current tax year.
Here is how you can file your prior year Form 990-N using ExpressTaxExempt:

  1. Log into your ExpressTaxExempt account.
  2. On the dashboard, click on the "Start Return" button.
  3. Select the "Form 990-N" option on the list of forms.
  4. Enter your organization details and click "Next."
  5. On the "Organization Tax Year" page, you will be able to select the year for which you want to file your Form 990-N.

For further steps to file your Form 990-Nclick here.

Was this helpful? Yes No

Sign Up for a
FREE ExpressTaxExempt Account!

Register Now

Returning User? Sign in

Couldn't find what you
are looking for?

Contact Us

(704) 839-2321 [email protected]