Can a small organization file a previous year's Form 990-N return?
4.1k views |
Last modified 9/25/2020 1:53:15 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
Filing the e-Postcard (Form 990-N) is an annual requirement and filing for a previous year cannot be done through the IRS filing system but ExpressTaxExempt allows you to file your Form 990-N for a prior year. However, you can only file your e-Postcard for two previous years from your current tax year.
Here is how you can file your prior year Form 990-N using ExpressTaxExempt:
- Log into your ExpressTaxExempt account.
- On the dashboard, click on the "Start Return" button.
- Select the "Form 990-N" option on the list of forms.
- Enter your organization details and click "Next".
- In the "Organization Tax Year" page, you will be able to select the year for which you want to file your Form 990-N.