[E-file Error Code F990PF-906-01] How do I resolve it?
4.0k views |
Last modified 4/13/2021 3:28:36 AM EST |
Added by ExpressTaxExempt Team
IRS Error Code [F990PF-906-01]:
The type of organization chosen in Form 990-PF didn't match with the IRS E-file database.
What does it mean:
The organization type chosen doesn't match the section under which the organization is established with the IRS. According to the IRS, an organization must be classified under any of these three sections- 501(c)(3)exempt private operating foundation, 4947(a)(1) nonexempt charitable trust, and other taxable private foundation. For instance, if your organization is an exempt private foundation, and you have chosen 4947(a)(1) nonexempt charitable trust, then the IRS will reject the return.
You need to correct the organization type and re-transmit your return at no additional cost.
Here's how you correct the type of organization:
- Log in to your ExpressTaxExempt account
- Identify the rejected return either from the Dashboard or Forms History.
- To identify it from the Dashboard, keep a note of the Return ID of the rejected return that you find in the rejection email.
- To identify it from the Forms History page, click the Tax Returns on the menu, and you'll land in the Forms History page, where you'll find the rejected return listed.
- In both options, you need to click on the Rejected by the IRS button found against the rejected return to find the list of errors. Then, click the Fix Me button against the error code F990PF-906-01.
- Based on the filing type you have chosen, you will be navigated to the corresponding page.
- Interview-based filing - You'll be directed to the Type of Organization page. Choose the correct organization type under which your organization has been established with the IRS.
- Form-based filing - You'll be directed to Section H, Check type of Organization. Select the correct organization type under which your organization has been established with the IRS.
- Review the details, and click the Transmit button to re-transmit your return to the IRS at no additional cost.
We'll keep you informed on the status of the return once we hear back from the IRS.
For any further assistance, we recommend contacting the IRS e-Help Desk Toll-Free Number 1-866-255-0654.